“ This Red Key should help you out on your adventures! It can open up all the red chests scattered throughout the land!! But the Red Key only opens up Red Chests. You need to find a key with the same color to open them up! ”
Treasure Chests is a major game mechanic in the both games. All over the world of Tomba!, treasure chests can be found. They contain everything from health-replenishing items to equipment and important event-related objects.
In order to open a chest, Tomba must own the key that corresponds to the specified chest; i.e. the "1,000 Year Old Key" opens the "Thousand Year Old Treasure chest" in the first game, and in the second game, Tomba must have the key with the same color as the chest (the "Blue Key" opens the blue-colored chests, the "White Key" opens the white-colored chests, etc.).
If the items inside the floating treasure chests found in the Donglin Forest fall down into the water, the content of the treasure will reappear if Tomba leaves the area and comes back.
Locations for the treasure chest keys
The locations of the keys in the both games is located below.
- 100 Year Old Key: Obtained from the 100 Year Old Wise Man after the Inside the Kokka Eggs event.
- 1,000 Year Old Key: Obtained from the 1,000 Year Old Man after the The 1,000 Year Old Man? event.
- 10,000 Year Old Key: Obtained from the 10,000 Year Old Man after the The 10 Math Beads event.
- Million Year Old Key: Obtained from the Million Year Old Man after the Million Year Old Wish event.
Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return
- Red Key: Obtained from Kainen after the Collect the Golden Crabs! event has been cleared.
- Green Key: Obtained the traveler with the green clothes after the The Hidden Diary! event has been cleared.
- Blue Key: Obtained from the painter after the More Blue for the Picture! event has been cleared.
- White Key: Obtained from the man with raft after the Sink the White Platform! event has been cleared.